In it's standard configuration, all platform email related material such as password resets, new user creation and task assignments will originate from email@example.com.
Alternatively, it is possible to configure emails for a specific client to originate from a mailbox of their choosing rather than a SureCloud mailbox.
Once this configuration is in place, all emails will, for that client, originate from the organisation’s chosen mailbox e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. We suggest a suitable email account name is chosen such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information is needed in order to enable this functionality:
- IP Address of SMTP gateway [For Example: 184.108.40.206]
- Port and Protocol for SMTP service [For example TCP/587 / SMTPS]
- Display Name to be used [For Example: SureCloud Platform]
- Username for the account [For Example: SurecloudPlatform@Domain.com]
- Password for the account [For Example: SecurePassword!999]
In addition to the above, SureCloud requires that the organisation permit the port to relay through (as per the above) along with the following four IP Addresses permitted inbound to the SMTP gateway service.
Alternatively, in order to use an Office365 (O365) mailbox or similar, SureCloud requires the following details:
- O365 instance address (For Example: smtp.office365.com]
- O365 Port number [For Example: 587]
- Username for the mailbox to use [For Example: SurecloudPlatform@Domain.com]
- Password for the mailbox to use [For Example: SecurePassword!999]
Once the above information has been collected please open a support ticket with the SureCloud helpdesk to start the configuration process (email@example.com).
The team will notify you once the configuration is ready to test and confirm everything is working as expected.
Note - SureCloud does not currently support being added to a DNS SPF record to be enabled to send on behalf of a specified domain. SMTP send options are limited to the configurations described above.