What Is It?
A Resource Link enables you to connect your favourite business analytics or intelligence tool (Power BI, Excel, Tableau, Domo or similar) to a SureCloud data set of your choice. Resource Links are available from any portlet on any dashboard (except Classic) within the platform.
How Does It Work?
- From within a dashboard, select a portlet which represents the data set you would like to make available.
- Click on the ellipses to view the drop-down menu and click the option Manage Resource link.
- Now select the period of time you'd like the data to be made available to the external application, you can select between 30 days and an unlimited time. After the time period expires, the link to the dataset will no longer be available to the external application.
- Click Add to create the resource URL. The resulting URL can now be used to access the data from that portlet in any external application that supports the connection to a web-based data source.
- See example of connecting Excel to this data source for further analysis. Excel will pull the relevant raw data, via this link, and display it in the workbook where it can be manipulated/charted as required.
- To disable the Resource Link before the expiry period ends, click Remove (as seen in the above screenshot) when going back to edit the Resource Link via the portlet as shown in step 2.